A student must pursue a full-time curriculum defined and approved by the Principal. Eligibility is determined both weekly and by marking period.
Guidelines for student-athletes are as follows:
1. Students cannot fail two (2) classes at any given time.
2. If a student is failing two or more classes on a weeklyreport, he/she shall be ineligible for athletic competition from the Sunday immediately following the report of failure through the next Saturday.
3. If a student is failing two or more classes on their reportcard, he/she will be declared ineligible for ten (10) school days. Eligibility for the first grading period is based on your final grades for the preceding school year.
4. Coaches have the discretion, with consultation of parents, as to whether ineligible students can practice during the first term of ineligibility.
5. Students may not be dismissed early from school to attend any games or meets, and cannot be dressed for competition during this time of ineligibility.
6. The SECOND time a student is declared ineligible during the same season, the athlete will not be allowed to practice but will be required to receive extra academic help.
7. The THIRD time a student is declared ineligible during the same season, the athlete will be removed from the team.